WITH THE FIDGET SPINNER I WAS LATE TO THE GAME
Poor Bess didn’t tell me she wanted one so I assumed she didn’t. First rule of parenting a tween? Assume nothing.
With this in mind, when we were given the opportunity to review the next big thing in the fidget toy universe we would have been utter fools to resist.
At first glance this piece of beechwood looks like the handle from a skipping rope (it still looks like this after a few glances to be honest) but it is so much more!
The Mokuru arrives with no instructions. We had absolutely no idea what we were meant to do with it other than to “flip it”.
It seemed like a good idea
I thought it would be fun to see if we could figure out this thing without going online. Our method was to (with some force) kind of flip it over and throw the Mokuru down onto the breakfast bar. 5 minutes in and I concluded that we needed some help before we started taking chunks out of the kitchen.
You tube saved the day
So it turns out that Mokuru is already pretty popular. There are loads of people showing off their skills online. We picked a vid and 2 minutes later we were having a go for ourselves.
We were overthinking it if anything. You kind of just gently push it over and it flips itself. Some kind of magic science not meant to be understood by the likes of me but needless to say it was not long before both Bess and I were hooked. It did admittedly bring out our competitive streak but we were soon keeping the Mokuru flipping between each other for ages! The great thing about this toy is that you really do get better every time you pick it up.
We have 2 Mokuru fidget toys to give away. To enter just follow the instructions in the form below! Good luck!
Terms and Conditions:
1. The prize consists of 2 Mokuru Fidget Sticks. There will be two winners who will each receive one Mokuru fidget Stick. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
2. Open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
3. Closing date for entries is 12:00am on 30th September 2017
4. Mokuru stick may come in a variety of different colours
5. The winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries
6. The winners will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen
7. The winner’s name will be available on request
8. The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address
9. Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions