As the parent of three darling children ranging in age from 4 to 17, “WHAT’S THAT SMELL!?” is something I can often be heard to exclaim. Who knew though that this was all good training in anticipation of one day putting my ninja nostrils to the test playing a family table top game from WowWee.
Inside the box you will find
- 4 STANK cards & scent-barrier bags
- 48 mystery whiff cards
- a sheet of whiff strips
- 6 cardholders
- Instructions for 2-6 players ages 14+
The premise of the game is really simple. You are each given a card. When the timer starts you are supposed to scratch the card and sniff. You then write down on the scorepad what you think you can smell. Points are given depending on the accuracy of your answer. For example if you have a coffee card and you guess Coffee you would receive 5 points, If you guessed a vaguely in the ballpark answer like Mocha or Wood you would receive 3 points. You would get 1 point for guessing that the category it is in is “smoke factor”.
What did we think?
This is a great game for us as we have 2 older children who enjoy playing and me who has zero patience when it comes to setting games up. If it takes longer to set up than it does to play then I lose interest and wander off.
We loved the danger aspect of not knowing whether the card you were about to sniff was a lovely smell (like grape) or something pretty gross.
All of the cards seemed to have a faint chemical smell which I presume is there to contain all of the different scents in the cards and after a while of playing I must admit that the scents did start to merge a bit.
The winner of each round is declared the Nose-It-All and is allowed to choose a player to suffer the Whiff of Shame! This part of the game almost made me lose my lunch so I would encourage not to play this one on a full stomach!
Tips for cleansing your sense of smell
- Smell the crook of your elbow (or any other non-perfumed area of skin)
- Sniff something made from pure wool
- Have a bowl of coffee beans nearby for players to sniff. I don’t know why it works but it really does
There is an app for the game. We chose to play it without the app this time but I have it downloaded for next time. When you play with the app you are able to easily time the rounds, keep score and record Whiff Of Shame moments. Whether you use that footage against your family members, well that’s entirely your call..
We will definitely be playing What’s That Smell? again. I think it would be a great game for Christmas or New Years Eve when you could even play as teams. If you are brave enough!
We are happy to be able to offer you the chance to win your very own What’s That Smell? game which retails for £24.99 at Amazon, Smyths and Argos.
Terms and Conditions
- This giveaway is open to all UK residents only, and you must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- ONE winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter and announced on this page.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of competition ends. If they do not respond within 28 days another winner may be chosen.
- Your details will be passed to Wire PR, but will not be passed onto any third parties by Mummy and Moose.
- The prize will be sent directly to the winner from Wire PR.
- Any damage to the prize is not Mummy and Moose’s responsibility.
- The company reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of a similar type/value if the prize above is not available.
- Entries using any software or automated process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
- End date 30/11/2018